You need to write a sales letter but you can not find the words, the harder you try the less comes to mind. In the end you're left miserably staring at a blank piece of paper – What can you do?
Many people have told me that they face this kind of problem when it comes to writing their sales letter. No matter how hard they try and think about writing their letter they just can not seem to get things moving.
It's really frustrating and can happen to us all from time to time but there's a great way to get those ideas flowing and break out from the mental blocks. Let me ask you something first though …
Do you know your product?
I mean really know your product.
You see in order to be able to sell something you really have to know it in intimate detail. For instance how can you sell the benefits of Liposuction without you are a woman who's actually been through the process?
What do you know about it apart from heresay? You do not know whether there's any pain involved or whether there's a special diet you need to eat afterwards.
Do you know what feeling there is immediately after the operation? Do you look into the mirror and see the hour glass figure you were dreaming about before you went for the op, if not how do you feel deep down?
Are there feelings of anger and dismay or is there a deep sense of ecstasy as you look out and see the real you that was hiding inside that tired old body all the time?
Only someone who has really experienced those first fearful glances can honestly tell this with an emotion that rings true.
This is why you have to know every little thing that you can about your product before you sit down and try to write your sales letter.
Knowing and loving your product gives you the burning passion to tell all the world about it and is the first step in overcoming the dreaded blank screen that so many sit in front of for hours on end, unfortunately trying to write their sales letter.
So the first thing you need to do is to get hold of your product and fall in love with it – that means you actually have to go and buy, borrow or test drive it.
Look, you're going to be writing a story form your heart telling me exactly why I should buy your product from you. If you do not know and love it how can you in all truth and honesty tell me to buy it?
Ok, go and get your product, take it in your hands and start to use it. If it's a book read it, if it's a car drive it – Do whatever you have to do to get to know your product in the most minute detail.
Next list the reasons why it'll help me in my life – Will it help me make more money or will it help me get from A – B more quickly and in greater comfort?
How heavy is it? Is it easy to use? Does it have any weaknesses?
List everything down the good and the bad.
You need to understand why and how I will benefit from it, also why I should buy it from you instead of from somebody else.
An easy way to do this is by brainstorming.
The way you do this is to take a blank piece of paper and draw a small cicle in the middle, write your product's name in the middle of the circle.
Now it's time for you to get the magic going!
Look at the name of your product and write the very first thing that comes into your mind down on the paper.
Draw a line radiating out from the circle and write your thought at the end of that line.
Do not think or worry about spellling, just write. As Soon as you've finished writing one thought another will be there, draw another line and write that thought down also.
Soon you'll have so many thoughts hitting you that you will not be able to keep up – Just keep on going until you have nothing left inside your head.
This is such a stimulating exercise that it'll often leave you panting for breath!
Once you've finished all you need to do is look at what you've written and make a list of all the great ideas you have. List them in order of importance.
Now you have the outline for your letter.
Use the most important reason on the list, the main reason why I should buy your product (this is the largest benefit of your product) and turn this into a sensational headline.
Allow the ideas on the list to flow into your sales letter using sub-headlines when you need to emphasize a point, soon your letter will have almost written itself.
Finally, when you write your letter remember to only write it to one person at a time – make it personal!
That's it for now, go and grab your product, fall in love with it and start to list the reasons why I should buy it.
Go on do it Now!
Copyright 2006 Stuart Elliott
Domestic clocks are one of the most ignored watches in the entire household. We make sure that our wrist watches are well maintained with good servicing, battery changes and of course lots of lubricating. But domestic watches are practically ignored till the battery runs down. Even then, we just replace the battery without getting any servicing or lubricating done on it. That means that the watch continues to run without any care or oiling till they finally expire and die! But just like wristwatches, domestic watches need to be maintained well too with regular cleaning and lubrication and care. Clocks are larger than wristwatches so a little too much lubrication is OK here.
But still there are rules to be followed in lubrication and care of clocks like-
* Try to use just a single drop of oil in the watch works to make the watch remain on time. These are bigger watches so they don’t really require you to be precise but it’s a good idea if you are. Carriage clocks require a smaller amount while long clocks and grandfather clocks require much more.
* Try not to scrape the oil pots while oiling watches as it scrapes up unnecessary settled grit into the workings of the clock. This is especially true of incalite pots. Use only fresh oil and discard any which has more than five years on the packing date on the seal; protect the oil you are using by storing it at room temperature and away from direct light. An ideal temperature would be about 15 to 20 C or as stated by the manufacturer of the clock. There are several points on a domestic clock where you can oil them and the oil will them spread to all over the clock workings. Good places to apply lubrication are at oils sinks or pivot holes, escapement pallet faces, weight pulley bearings and points of contact between different parts of the mechanism.
* Make sure you do clean the mainspring and refit the watch springs after you have oiled the domestic wall clocks. You can also apply heavy grade mineral oil around the edges of the barrel cap. Capillary action will make sure that the oil spreads all over the mechanism.
* Do not lubricate or oil pinion leaves and gear teeth, as they will slip while revolving. Another place to be careful of is the ratchet and the great wheel arbor in the main clock facings.
* The frequency of oiling depends on how frequently you use the clock and the location it is based in. Synthetic oils are very stable and do not deteriorate but non-synthetic oils do. The residue leaves a gummy deposit in the watch that can destroy a good watch.
* Contamination with dust will however really cause a tremendous amount of wear on the clock and that can damage the mechanism. Reapplication of oils is fine after the old one has been wiped off.
But do make sure that you do service the watch at least every two years to maintain optimum working conditions.
If you are planning to spend your next holiday vacation in a colorful city where you can perfectly enjoy the combination of Eastern and Western cultures then, without an iota of doubt, Shanghai would be your perfect destination. The largest city of China has all, which you, while being a modern person, would love to see and spend time with.
For its wonderful weather, excellent city beauties and natural attractions, Shanghai has always been a central of attractions for the travel enthusiasts of all around the globe; records say that eminent personalities like Bernard Shaw, Albert Einstein and Tagore visited this place a number of times.
With the growing popularity of Shanghai, travel and tourism industry has been massively developed in the city. According to a recent data, the tourism industry earns billions of dollars every year, so you can understand how demanding the city is in terms of a hot travel destination.
You see, in highly demanding travel destination it often becomes difficult to find great quality hotels at cheap price; but fortunately Shanghai is a place where you will not encounter the same problem. The Shanghai hotels industry offers you the facility to live comfortably while giving less pressure on your accounts book.
Cheap hotels not always mean dirty and unclean environment, if you stay at a small inn then you can experience Shanghai’s local food and discover its warmth culture with ease. If you are an avid traveler then you know that the small lodges will help you to get introduced with the local people, food and culture.
At the affordable Shanghai hotels you might not find the Three Star and Five Star luxury, but you will definitely experience the comfort and friendly people which will ensure that you have a pleasant holiday vacation. You will find each and every room and bathroom of these affordable Shanghai hotels very clean and hygienic. In a calm environment you will be offered good quality foods at very affordable prices. In short, the affordable Shanghai hotels will reduce your accommodation and food expenses and you can easily use the money for other activities like traveling and shopping.
The smartest way to look and book an affordable Shanghai hotel is doing so through an online portal. Over the internet, you will find a number of travel portals and traveling service providers and from there you can easily book your ticket to Shanghai and Shanghai hotels.